REAL ESTATE AGENT INTERVIEW PROCESS FOR SELLERS
Even though there are thousands of Realtors in Florida and in the Miami area, there will only be a few agents that will really work in your best interests, make a big effort towards offering your home and strive for a smooth successful sale!Â Selecting the best agent for your needs will be vital. The Realtor you select will be involved in helping you choose the best listing price, preparing your property for sale, marketing & showing your home, negotiating the transaction and preparing a contract. Hiring the wrong listing agent can delay the sale of your home for several months or, in many cases, prevent you from selling the property.
Realtors might have some nice characteristics that need to be evaluated in order to see if they are really going to be helpful in the end or not. A very common mistake is immediately assuming that the best Realtor is: the oldest agent in the business, or a good friend that only works part-time in Real Estate, or the person who suggests the highest listing price for the property, or the one who gives the home the most compliments. Sometimes these could be good things to have, but only when they come together with other vital traits.
7 key points when looking for a Real Estate Agent are: TRUST, HONESTY, KNOWLEDGE, PROFESSIONALISM, ACTIVITY LEVEL, PASSION and AVAILABILITY.
Concentrate on these 7 points when you meet with the agent. Interview the RealtorÂ and see if you can communicate easily and get a good feeling about this person selling your home. Â Some crucial questions to keep in mind are:
- Does this look like an honest person you can trust with the sale of your home?
- Is this the agentâ€™s full-time or part-time job?
- Does the agent possess a high level of knowledge about this property, condo, community and/or area?
- Will the agent attend all showings or are your keys going to be left for pickup at an office or lockbox?
- Does the agent have a showing strategy to highlight your property’s advantages versus its competition?
- How can this agent position your home at the top of the buyers’ and their agents lists?
- What is the agentâ€™s experience and/or current activity level in working this type of property and area?
- Does this agent work and communicate in a professional manner?
- Is this Realtor passionate, dedicated, positive and energetic?
- What is the agentâ€™s availability and how easy will it be for the Realtor to show the property?
- Will it be easy for the agent to drive/arrive at your property for showings on short notice?
- How accessible is the Realtor and will the agent work/show on weekends as well?
- Will the agent market your property both locally and internationally?
- Is the Realtor supported by a reliable real estate broker that will give you peace of mind?
The sale of your property will likely demand from a Realtor a considerable amount of work, time and energy. Make sure you get the right person for the job. Choose wisely!
article by Adrian Morales Dobrzynski